Scheduling & Visits
During your initial consultation, Dr. Raman will carefully review and discuss your medical history as well as perform any needed physical exams and review previous lab tests or medical records. If you are a good candidate for our services, Dr. Raman will discuss the necessary lab tests and schedule your follow-up appointments.
Please call our office to set up a free discovery call to learn more. We would be happy to answer your questions.
If you are NOT an in-state resident, your initial visit at Excel Health MD must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited email access with our Excel Health MD provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the patient schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Excel Health MD doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
Dr.Raman is specialized in Functional and Integrative Medicine along with Nephrology and Weightloss. Our office does not provide primary care visits.
At this time, we are out of network with all insurances. Call our office to find out more.
All services provided by Excel Health MD will be billed to you directly.
Excel Health MD will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf for Functional Medicine Consults. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
- Lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program are not be covered by insurance and you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Excel Health MD.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Excel Health MD doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Excel Health MD physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Excel Health MD, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Excel Health MD is right for you.